Tuesday 9 June 2009

Gravenomics


About a week ago the band, Graven, pulled into town and ripped things up - down in the market. I had to pull my creaky bones out of my soccer-dad lawn chair and see this event in person. Other Ottawans and Iawahians of all shapes and creeds rambled out of the suburbs to hear "the lads". Many old friends got together and bent a few taps. The beer flowed smooth and cold like Matt's sonic power chords. Graven played a tight set - so check these lads out. I asked my friend Bill Henry if liked the rock show. He replied: "yes". Nuff Said!
I went home later, shaken', cranking the Graven CD over the fields of Navan. Cows, chickens and sheep looked up in shock - and oddly enough - pleasure. As an aside: Farmer Henkl, my neighbour, told me that because of Graven's EP his cows gave more milk than ever. Right on.
Graven brought the sound and reforged a community. The revolution has begun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even the animals are getting into Graven. Good gravy, what next! This is just getting insane. If I see a cow walk into the bar at the next gig I'm gonna buy the guy a drink for all the milk I've scarfed back through the years. Hopefully, he'll be a nice guy cow and not some prick. Otherwise, we will probably step outside and fucking fight!

HP

Anonymous said...

olson. thanks for this, man. really cool! you definitely are our #1 fan.
thanks again for comin out. off to toronto this week.
matty

Mercury Wilhelm said...

AWESOME. Must be some real magic going on! I look forward to hearing this EP.