Saturday 29 August 2009

Old Ollie's Summer

As summer winds down (did it ever wind up?) I ponder over past summers and the advent of the new year (January is the false new year). What characterizes this summer the most is just keeping busy; not the I don't really want to talk about it conversation smasher: "I'm busy". This summer I worked at Camp IAWAH - a true blessing - it was a very good week and a return to a place that I have spent many many days. It was excellent to introduce it to my boys and to be there again with Rebekah. God Bless IAWAH!
I also travelled: heading out onto new highways in Good ol' USA was excellent - Saw more of NY, Good taste on Penn State, Some Maryland and plenty of DC. I love to travel around Canada, but getting a good bit of the US this summer was really cool. DC is such an iconic place. Head on down there friends.
I also worked at a day camp at my church. That was actually really challenging, but good. 9:30 to 12:00 seemed really long some days.
So I kept busy - maybe that was a good thing. I'm ready to slip back to Hilly; I guess I haven't gotten too relaxed and couch bound this summer. When I was unbusy I worked out - so maybe I'm getting wiser. This year should be a smoother transition. Right?

No comments: