Friday 11 September 2009

The End of Nicknames

When I was a young lad everyone had a nickname: Ollie was mine. I was rarely called my given name. I wander the halls of Hillcrest everyday. Everyone and I mean everyone is called by their real name (there a few with street names, but that is another story).

Nicknames are often glorious - they capture the true spirit or key event of one's journey.

Who can forget Loaf? - that guy who stole a loaf of cheese bread, there was another guy called bread too...no relation.

Pancake - he stole some pancakes.

Chinga...?

Flush - master of the white throne.

Oldman - the guy with a few greys in Highschool.

Rico - Jock - French - Ringer - Tiny - House - Rock - Soup - Lonesome 50 - Cement - Shark - Grasshopper - Slippery/Slipree - One-Punch - Bucky...all real people.

Snag a nickname - embrace nicknames.

As an aside: I did hear one interesting street name: "psycho-ranger"...solid.

No comments: