Tuesday 18 September 2012

Worship


Over the summer every time I saw French he was cranking P.O.D. (Payable on Death).  They are a Rap/Rock/Reggae band from San Diego.  At first I thought that French was really digging them because he shares a similar fashion sense.  He sure looks like these lads:


I think I heard every every P.O.D. song over the summer, but there was one song that he played every single time. French called this part of the song his prayer:

Take away the scales from my eyes
Anoint your love upon my life
Have mercy on my soul and hear me when I cry
Do not abandon me, and don't forsake me
Lead me on the path of integrity

Amen 



This is the most Christian, or in touch with God,  I've ever seen him.  Last night he drove me home from work.  We got in his car and he said: "time to worship."  Then he played this song:





9 comments:

happygirl said...

Those words sound like a prayer to me. Isn't it funny how the tone of the words can change the message. Me, I would have to work hard to worship to this. I'm glad French is finding the truth. :)

Dave King said...

Fantastic lyrics!

Lisa notes... said...

Getting settled in so I can listen to this song. God works in many ways, yes? Thankful French picks up on that; thankful you share it.

Brian Miller said...

nice...had a chance to meet these guys once...launched a fairly successful rock group out of our youth group that opened for them once in.around DC...

Mommy Emily said...

POD rocks. so does French.

Kati Woronka said...

And the line between religion, spirit, and not gets more and more blurry, eh?!

Rachel said...

French saying, "Time to worship" and playing the P.O.D. song, great prayer and worship!

Nacole said...

POD is awesome. I couldn't listen to it to worship at home with four beautiful, rowdy, noise-making children, but I would *definitely* run with it on ITunes. ~smile~ I should look them up. I think I like French!

Jennifer Richardson said...

integrity....sweetness
and light
and pure balm for my
itchy soul.
thanks for this nudge,
Jennifer