Wednesday 31 March 2021

Well Rooted


One day during the January lockdown Rose was doing a little craft time with the kids.  She handed out some black construction paper, some white water colour paint and some straws.  The kids used the straws to blow the paint around the paper.  They were having the best time.

Soon the adults were doing it as well.  Bruce Fish blew some ones that looked like spindly birch trees.  French used a lot more paint and ended up making one that looked like skull shaped tree.  Rose was not impressed, but he "liked his scary ass skull painting".  He kept it up on his fridge for a while.

We decided to create digital version, and French printed up a Black Hoodie with his art on it.  I called it Well Rooted to be poetic...maybe I should have stuck with scary ass skull.

11 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

The narrative made me smile. The art, quite interesting
Happy Wednesday. Thanks for dropping by to read mine


Much💜love

Rommy said...

LOL, well I think it's pretty cool too

Helen said...

Wonderful, the art and your words that accompany it!!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, took me quite a while to see the skull; I was so loving the tree. And much enjoyed your account of its creation.

Jim said...

Nice art, Olie. I see a thin branched vampire tree where the witch parked her broom.
..

Debi Swim said...

I like that picture. It appears to have a portal to another world in it.

purplepeninportland.com said...

Love that picture!

Joel (@Stranded Tree) said...

This should be popular around Halloween. I'm glad you all had a good time with friends that ending up being a creative time.

Samyuktha Semi Jayaprakash said...

How does "well rooted scary ass skull" sound? :P

Yvonne Osborne said...

Interesting and clever of you. It looks very well rooted indeed!

indybev said...

This made me want to go find some watercolor paper and a straw!