Tuesday 5 January 2010

French Jim and the WWE


Whenever I mention wrestling (WWE) some genius let's me know that it is fake. No shit! These cerebral comments ain't the most profound. WWE is indeed scripted; but so are most visual mediums.

Anyway my buddy French let me know a lot about WWE. He never made it to the big time, but he spent three years trying to become a pro-wrestler. He did a summer in Mexico (where the water is more dangerous than your opponent). French also performed in Germany, Japan and did a couple of tryouts with the WWE in Florida and the Ohio Valley circuits.

He never got a truly great gimmick: he was French Jim (even though his name is Dave, and he is Jewish), the Wild Quebecer (French hails from Smiths Falls Ontario), and maybe his best the French Teacher (that got a lot of boos).

Back in the mid-nineties he fought some famous wrestlers: Chris Jericho, Haku and he got his face busted open (you should see the scar)when Lance T. Storm monkey flipped him onto a table filled with beer glasses in stint in Hamburg Germany. He also fought one of the Hart brothers, he won't say which one, in a big barn near Calgary.

French doesn't talk much about those days, but he said something this past Christmas as we watched Smackdown and he rubbed the big divot on his forehead: "Some days wrestling seems more real than my real life".

Next time somebody tells me Wrestling is fake I'm going toss a sleeper hold or a Belgian Arm Bar on 'em.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuckin wrestlers are the biggest cock chuggers out there.
-Darlington County Dave (matt's friend)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave -
Read about the Hart family - especially training with Stu Hart.
Better hope they don't want your cock.

HP

The Square Corner said...

Discovered your blog as a link on The Human Paradox. Told 'Dox' I like your posts, because I do. Love this character French. Could he be an amalgam of fact, fiction, and a writer's fantasy? Whomever or whatever he might be, you got yourself a compelling character. Keep up the excellent blogging. Plan to link your blog to 'The Square Corner.' Make it easier for me to get to.

Anonymous said...

I like to take breaks during the my working day and look through some blogs to determine what folks are saying. This blog site appeared in my searches and i could not assist but clicking on it. I am happy I did due to the fact it had been a really enjoyable study.