Monday 29 March 2010

A Call from Bruce Fish

Bruce Fish has never called me. He actually still has a rotary phone, but rarely uses it. I was thus surprised to hear from him this morning around 6:30. He had just had a dream and wanted me to hear it. This is more or less how the call went:

"I had a dream last night. I'd just watched Wrestlemania with Pancake and Rose. I went to bed and dreamed that Kane and King Kong Bundy were fighting a tag team bout against Job and Jacob; you know from the Bible. At the end of the match Jacob hip tossed Kane into Bundy, knocking him flying off the ring. Job tagged in and caught Kane in move called the "gird up your loins", a sort of a sharpshooter type move. They won the belts. Double J are the new champs".

I told him that that was a crazy ass dream and that I was jealous of his vivid experience. He interjected that there was more:

"We fight them in a title match at the next pay per view. The Dump Disciples versus Double J. Me and you buddy; title match. Go gird up your loins...anyways...good bye."

A title match eh?



Check this out...
http://canvaschild.blogspot.com/2011/03/imperfect-prose-on-thursdays-on-how-to_30.html

7 comments:

Square Corner said...

Looking forward to this on pay-per-view. French gonna' ref?

Anonymous said...

This dream is hugely metaphorical. I mean King Kong Bundy and Job in the same dream. Kind of like a cage fight in the collective unconscious.
These guys are some crazy characters. I see a broken glass and thumb tack match coming down the pipe.

HP

Joybird said...

I think the Dump Disciples is a brilliant tag team wrestling name!

cathy said...

Why oh why do the disciples have to be dumb? ;)

Brian Miller said...

hehe...may the best man win...i want to have one of those dreams tonight...

Jodi said...

And in this cornahh...ha, ha. Awesome!

Mommy Emily said...

lol... oh wow! i love bruce! what an incredible person! you should write a book about him. ollie, thank you for always encouraging me with your comments and your stories... i am so blessed by you, friend. e.