Friday 12 March 2010

Snow Beers


French and I were drinking a few Beau's beers out on the front porch last night. Just sitting, talking, strumming our guitars and enjoying the first spring warmth.
We kept a few beers cold in the last of the snow.
I brought up the point that when we were younger we'd drink, fight, fall down, get-up, drink more and even shoot guns out the back door of Pancake's garage. Once we even tried to chase some dump bears with Bruce Fish. We did a lot of dumb dangerous shit.
I finished my lament with this: "French we are getting old, bud".
He paused, strummed a few chords an replied: "yeah it's fucking great".

2 comments:

Square Corner said...

I'm probably as old as you, French, and Fish put together divided by .327. Gettin' old ain't so bad. Except for the math thing.

Anonymous said...

Think I remember shooting those guns out the backdoor of Pancake's. Trying to put a hole in the moon I guess. Always seemed to come back from Pancake's with the flu.

HP