Thursday 6 May 2010

Mustangs, Mixed Tapes and Making Out


I was looking through French's journal from high-school and came across a list of songs entitled Mix Tape for the Honeys:

Try - Blue Rodeo
More Than Words - Extreme
Don't Know What You Got... - Cinderella
Every Rose Has It's Thorns - Poison
Angie - Rolling Stones
...and a Tonne of Phil Collins

Weird mix. I remember asking him about this tape. His response was that it was a "deal sealer". I asked him to explain further. He said: "That when he was cruising with the honeys he'd put it on and the honeys'd be happy, maybe even think they were in love".

French had a 1968 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet - the tape was just for back-up I guess. I had a 1986 rusty Honda Civic, or my grandpa's Chevy truck with a comfy bench seat.
I needed to get a mixed-tape of my own.

3 comments:

Fisheye Lens said...

French had a Mustang! Did it have an 8 track player?

Anonymous said...

French did have an 8 track player. He used to swap tapes with my dad from his 74 Volvo. French mainly listened to CCR and Johnny Cash - Cosmos Factory and Live at Folsom Prison to be exact.

Old Ollie

Anonymous said...

Great car -
all of those tunes bring me back - "more than words" gives even the most frigid lady the thigh sweats. French knows that, as we all should.

HP