Thursday 1 July 2010

Beer Pancakes


Last night I missed Graven at Zaphods. Tragically they were shoved to the 8:45 slot, rather than the anticipated 10:15. The Dox, Gavin and Fisheye Lens revelled regardless. Billy "two fists" Henry poured many a beer to ward of the gloom. Beaus beer was as delightful as always.

On to Canada Day: I heard a rumble and some banging pots all too early this morning. My wife sent me down to see what was up. Was it the kids? Was it some inbreaker?

It was French. He had a 2-4 on the counter and he was pouring one of the pints into a big bowl of flour. Both of my kids were involved; they were covered in flour, eggs, and beer. He handed me a cold beer and said: "happy Canada day buddy - I'm making beer pancakes".

They were glorious.

3 comments:

Square Corner said...

Two great post. Don't think I'd want to mess with your guys. Beer pancakes, has an appeal to it.

Anonymous said...

Gawd damn beer pancakes. I think I'd sh*t if I could think of anything more delicious. Like to see French grilling up some whistle dogs sometime.

hp

Bubba said...

Beer pancakes? Shit, where's the recipe, Ollie?