Tuesday 2 November 2010

Bench Seat

 A strange pick-up truck pulled into my driveway tonight.  It looked old, but clean; rust free.  The horn honked and French got out grinning.

"So whadya think?", he said.

"Cool old truck...but why?", I replied.

He explained that he had bought it off Lonesome 50.  He had lost his licence because his sight had faded.  French promised to drive him around, and had paid him a healthy market value.  French went on with his explanation.  I'll paraphrase: "This is the important part...it has a bench seat.  And nothing makes picking up girls easier than a bench seat.  You put a solid mix; these days it is Taylor Swift along with a few old classics.  Your lady friend can slide right over.   This is the beauty of the bench seat."

He pulled out soon after to pick up his current girl; the one with the Johnny Cash tattoo.

I think I need a new old truck.

6 comments:

Square Corner said...

I think I need a new old truck, and a couple chicks to prove it to.

Fisheye Lens said...

Another good thing about the bench seat -- behind it was the perfect place to stash the Molsons

Human Paradox said...

You can stretch out on those things, lie flat for a 2 hour nap, sober up a little before you drive home from the Legion.

Unknown said...

Love your characters, you may really be on to something.

Frangipan said...

My dad brought a very old land rover, It was a sign of his mid-life crisis.

Anonymous said...

Bench seats are the best! Girls never get tired of snuggling, even when time creeps up on them...:)