Thursday 28 October 2010

This is a Bombtrack

I was about to watch a very early morning hockey game last weekend.  French and I were sipping a cup of coffee, topped up with just a dash of Canadian Club, up in the chilly stands of the local arena.

French pulled out an earphone splitter jack and plugged in his headphones.  He told me to plug mine in as well.  French had made a mix for the game.

He waited for the exact moment for the kids to step out on to the ice and start skating their warm-up.  When the first kid touched the ice the words: "bring that shit out" nailed me.  French continued the audio assault with a crazy mix of Rage Against the Machine hits and a smattering of P.O.D.

It was sweet when my son scored on a massive slap shot during the ripping power chords of Bombtrack.

When the game wrapped up and the kids were shaking hands French said: "that is pretty much the only time rap-rock is acceptable".

4 comments:

Fisheye Lens said...

Its good to know your enemy before the start of a hockey game.

Coffee and CC -- sounds brilliant. Gotta try that next time I'm taking in a rinkrat game -- sound like it would cut into the chill real good.

Wysteria said...

Oh great read. I want a cup of joe with CC. Never tried it but it sounds like a warm one to me!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Wysteria

Human Paradox said...

It's always a good time for Rage OO. Canadian Club and hockey, well, that's just icing on the cake brutha.
Good post.

Matt McKechnie said...

atta be ollie folly. cc & coffee = gold times. earphone splitters. totally remember those. check in from the road.