Wednesday 11 May 2011

French Fashion


Today's kids will head out to the mall and spend heaps o'cash on ripped jeans.  I laugh and tell 'em to "take them back".  You pay top dollar for pre-ripped and pro-ripped jeans.  It was so much cheaper, and more fun when I was a kid.

French and I were metal heads back in the day.  We'd see some crazy hair-metal band on MTV (back when they played videos), and they'd all have shredded jeans.  We tried all kinds of ways to rip them; my mom is still mad.  It was French who finally figured out the way to get them done right.

He'd hang our jeans on the clothesline and then we'd shoot out the knees with a pellet gun.  Sweaty, Pancake, French and I had the most hardcore jeans by far, and each pair was one of a kind.  French even started to provide this service, for a small fee, for the kids that didn't have a gun (girls had theirs done for free).

French told this to his guitar class...they all think he's lying...he ain't.

4 comments:

Fisheye Lens said...

I think I wore the same pair of ripped jeans to high school everyday for two consecutive years. I'd only let my Mom wash them on the weekends. It went well with my Black Sabbath "Mob Rules" t-shirt, I believed.

Sheila said...

lol - and he didn't charge the girls, eh? smart guy that French is!

Fisheye Lens said...

I wore the same pair of ripped jeans for about two consecutive years in high school. I would only let my Mom wash them on weekends. I thought they went well with my Black Sabbath "Mob Rules" tour tee-shirt.

Human Paradox said...

French's way is the only way to get "holes in the knees." The only other way is when you end up fighting with drunk truckers outside the Lee Tavern and you end up sliding across the pavement. Those holes count too.