Friday 8 June 2012

Motorcycle Hustling

Last weekend French went down to Pittsburgh and picked-up a motorcycle that he had purchased on eBay.  He took it down to the Market last night to show it off to the other motorcycle lads.  One of the guys that saw it was very interested and wanted to buy it.  French said: "make me an offer."  They haggled a while and settled when he offered French $6000 cash for it.  French had only paid $4500, so he debated for a bit then signed it over to the guy on the spot.

French said he liked the bike, but even after a few fees, duty etc.,  and the trip down to PA he made over a grand profit.

French and Pancake are heading back down, this time to Philly, to pick up some more bikes.  Always on the hustle.

6 comments:

temporal rooms said...

love a story like this!

~robert

Brandee Shafer said...

This so reminds me of my brother. My husband's stricken with extreme frugality, but he doesn't tend to sell his bargain purchases. My brother, on the other hand, pulls the French quite often...especially w/ vehicles.

happygirl said...

I adore eBay. I've been away from it for a while. I need to get back. Good for French. He'll find another bike he likes. :)

The Poet said...

Interesting story my friend. Thanks for sharing.

Liz Rice-Sosne said...

I like this story too. So human.

Anonymous said...

natural and humanistic flash
story.