Thursday 11 October 2012

Beer



I was hanging out with French tonight, and yes we were having a beer.  He seemed distracted.  I asked him what was up, but kept saying "no" to every question I asked him.

Women? Money? Job Situation? His Parents?...  Just "no".

I shut my mouth (a huge accomplishment for me).  We were just silent, sipping beers and looking at the trees.

Finally he spoke up: "beers".  He continued: "I owe a lot a people a beer, or beers".  French felt that he really needed to get on it and pay his beer debts.  I guess he had promised beers to various people, or felt he had to repay them in some way.

French pulled out a moleskin pad, and started to make a list.  He went on for a while just listing names.

He looked up from his work and said: "Do I owe you a beer?"

"No man we're good."

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

pretty cool to remember those we owe a beer to...and forgive those that might owe us one as well...smiles...

Kat Mortensen said...

Nice one!

danrdavidson said...

owe no man anything but love... and beer.

Unknown said...

Ha! Love the relationship. Love the awareness.

Unknown said...

I know how he feels. I sometimes feel like I have a running list of people I want to pay back in some way for all they've done. I'm sure he felt relieved to be pardoned by you :)