Wednesday 17 August 2011

Another Dump Summer

It is deep into summer and Bruce Fish's dump is a humming.  He has broken in a new employee the last few weeks: French. 

French doesn't have great prospects for a job this September so he socking away some cash and hanging with Bruce and Rose Fish at the county dump.  French is in charge of recycling.  He sorts and stacks tonnes of the cottagers recyclables.  When I saw him he was sitting on a stool flipping cans into a bin.  He had his own full can of Budweiser in one hand and was chucking empties with the other.  He was pretty mellow and buzzed.

Bruce Fish puttered around as usual.  This year his dump art theme is music.  I'll have to check out how that goes next weekend.

Rose comes over at 10:30 with coffee, muffins and Bibles.  French complained bitterly, but Rose lets him choose the book for the reading.

I'm sure he says "Job" every time.

Posted to...

14 comments:

rjerdee said...

Hilarious! What a great snapshot done in words.

happygirl said...

I love Fish and French stories. :)

Brian Miller said...

ha. looking forward to the art show next week...cute story...

Unknown said...

This brought tons of smiles to my face!

Square Corner said...

I can always depend on the boys at the dump to bring value to my life.
Creative stuff, Olly.

Bethany Ann said...

ya gotta admire a guy who picks Job.

Anonymous said...

hmmm :)

Anonymous said...

I like this story. Job, isn't a light choice, admirable though

HopeUnbroken said...

i love always leaving here with a picture in my head and a smile on my face.

Mommy Emily said...

wow. i want to join this church.

Human Paradox said...

Job: one of the best books. French knows it always goes down better with a Budweiser buzz. Great one Olie.

Anonymous said...

More, please! hugs, pat

Rachelle said...

Who are you? This stuff is hilarious.

danrdavidson said...

radical.