Monday 1 August 2011

Church Parking Lot Patrol

The last few weeks there has been a rash of car break-ins during church.  The youth pastor's car was the most recent target.  There is nothing much to take, but the broken windows are costly.

I was telling French about this and he said that he'd do a patrol.  The next Sunday he was good to his word.  He ducked down low, sipped his Tim Horton's and waited.  I went into the service.

I couldn't wait for the service to be over and see how French's vigil went. 

French was still in his truck.  I asked him if his patrol was a bust...it wasn't.  Some lads had come by and were trying to bust in again.  I didn't see the beaten bodies of the thugs.  French filled me in: "Oh I knew them lads"...he started up his truck and rolled out.  As he drove out he said: "They decided to work the Catholic Church instead".

Posted to...Imperfect Prose

11 comments:

Fisheye Lens said...

Those young iconoclasts are gonna have a lot more luck with the Catholic cars.

Human Paradox said...

Ah, sounds like good Protestants!

Bethany Ann said...

HA! and the other two comments: HA!

Unknown said...

For sure...made me chuckle, but does make me think about remaining vigilant.

HopeUnbroken said...

oh. my. :-)
thanking God for the gift of humor this beautiful mornin'.
steph

Lisa notes... said...

{smile}
Thanks for sharing this story, Ollie.

Pat Cegan said...

What fun! I like these stories a lot! But they leave me wanting more. Good sign of good work. Thanks, hugs, pat

happygirl said...

Another French story that brought JOY to my life. Thanks

Mommy Emily said...

LOL! oh French...

alittlebitograce said...

*laughing* There was a problem with cars being stolen from outside my mom's work. After their van was stolen, my dad decided to sit in the back seat, just to see what type of person steals cars. He didn't expect someone to try to steal his with him in it. The guy stealing it certainly didn't expect a hand to grab his shoulder. After threatening my dad with a screwdriver, the would-be thief ran away. Needless to say, my mother wasn't impressed.

erin said...

how you make me laugh!

xo
erin