Wednesday 26 October 2011

My Dog Job

Bruce Fish has spent the last three weeks trying to coax a dog out of the ditches of South Frontenac Township.  He finally had success.  The same dog he'd been chasing showed up asleep under his porch.  Bruce Fish gave him some bacon.  My guess is that him and that dog are friends for life.

Turns out the dog loves nothing more than to climb up and sleep in the truck when Bruce Fish goes out on his garbage runs.  They love to tour up and down the roads. I hear the dog is a true mutt.  He is now all cleaned up; after living in ditches he needed it.  Rose tied a red bandanna around his thick neck...pretty cool.

I forgot to put anti-freeze in the water line at the cottage, when I closed up originally.  So I took the two hour drive up to get this done.  It was also a good excuse to see Bruce Fish and his new dog.   I visited with Rose and the baby until Bruce Fish came home. 

He jumped out of his truck and the dog followed.  Bruce Fish was grinning ear to ear and the dog's tail was wagging and it kept looking up at his new master. Good looking dog...bit of shepherd to be sure.

Bruce Fish shook my hand and said: "meet my dog Job."


11 comments:

Brian Miller said...

cool that he took his time to coax that dog out...and then provided for him...that is earning love...nice tale man

Rachelle said...

He's a smart one. Bacon will get you a best friend for life.

Lisa notes... said...

A dog is such a loyal friend--at least to the owner du jour. ha. Job sounds like he'll be a faithful one.

janae said...

A snapshot of our journey -- it's so much better shared.

HopeUnbroken said...

i love bacon and dogs. sounds like a win-win for both of them :-)
well-told, as usual.

happygirl said...

There is no love like the love of a good dog. hey Job. :)

Cindy said...

Well, if anyone gives me bacon I am their friend for life too...

Good read!

Bethany Ann said...

fitting name. Job: a man of second chances.

http://www.yumsugar.com/Homemade-Chocolate-Covered-Bacon-1813878

Mommy Emily said...

my husband would have followed fish home too, for the bacon :) one of our favorite comedians is jim gaffigan who makes many bacon jokes. anyway. :) i adore how Christ shines through fish and rose and how they care for the least of these.

Connie said...

Great story of a caring heart. That family has terrific names for their tale!

Brandee Shafer said...

Great name, Job.

Rose is totally my favorite, as you know.