Thursday 21 June 2007

Summer!


Happy first day of summer. This is a picture of a fine group of dads and sons. Notice the two hams mugging for the pic. This is the first day of summer - (go pour yourself a cold one). It is also Leif's birthday. So it is pretty whack, as the kids say today, that I've been a dad for 8 years.

It has been rough - eight years of action figures, video games, sports, comics, and late nights of playing lego. Leif has been excellent in releasing my inner-nerd. Being a dad for eight years has been a pretty damn good gig. If you have the means I highly recommend it - to quote Ferris.

Maybe someday I'll recognize the mystical - spiritual bond of son and father - I think I did when he was born - but right now I'm loving the x-box games, the one-one in the driveway and even the 7 am skate tying at the rink.

So I'm loving the day to day - again happy summer, and maybe some of my Christian friends can sound forth on the son- father bond on a holy level - DEEP.

Fire me your insights.

Ollie Out.

No comments: