Friday 22 June 2007

Marc McCormick





My best memories of Marc McCormick:

1. Whipping empty cans of Coke at Chris Pare while he was sneaking a smoke outside of Derby.
2. On a visit to St. Paul's: teaching me how to look like I was praying, while sleeping in church. The key was resting your head on a hymn book.
3. He was a master brogger - he organized some kick ass games of brog at Iawah Boys Camp: Chapel Point to Mosquito Island!
4. Running into Chapters to snag a "book about Mars and Venus" after a tiff with his girl friend.
5. Rocking out - "Cruising in the Fargo"...the brakes don't work there's no reverse. "I work for Phil Now" was another great tune.
6. His elaborate skits that would bring down the house. Marc was a natural comedian.
7. Graduating from the Marc McCormick school of program directing: sleep a lot, take a nap - create and run a wicked game or event - do a prank and chase a few girls /start the cycle again.

Marc sure put some fire into my summers back in the eighties and early nineties . I'm blessed to have such great memories.

Marc was just a guy that embraced life. My wife made a great comment about Marc: "I never saw Marc when he wasn't really living". I love that insight.

Marc was awesome - all those St.Paul's folks were lucky to know him longer and better than me.
Maybe it is true: "Only the good die young".

Fire me your insights - I need 'em.

Ollie Out

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments on the blog - great pics of us. Can't believe it was so long ago...but was it?
It was good catching up at my place...let's get together again for some Maclay's.

HP Sauce

Anonymous said...

Don't know who you are, but I was close to Marc for many years, worked with him, he was a brother.

I'm still hurting terribly.

His death has changed my life so much, not sure when the hurt will end but thankfully at this stage of life you know the pain will subside.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

A sad loss, Ollie. He sounds amazing, fully alive and rockin' . I enjoyed reading about him.