Monday 18 April 2011

7/4 Shoreline

7/4 Shoreline, by Broken Social Scene, is one of my favourite tunes.  So I almost knocked over a pitcher of beer when my pals in Graven started playing it.  BSS is brilliant. I recorded the song and then did some editing...maybe over baked the editing, but I'm learning.

We have all grown up learning songs and being in bands, so when our old buddies in Graven played a show in Perth we decided to take it in.  Sweaty, Pancake, and French and I all made it out.  Bruce Fish: " doesn't like loud music...or Perth", so he hung out at home with Rose.

French had a few beers and didn't get in a fight; so it was a very rare night...especially as we are all former Smiths Falls lads.   Gavin called French up for a song; he'll never admit it, but it made his night.

Truly a fun night; even if we did make the locals a little nervous.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That right there is some good god-damn canadiana. now if you could just poor some maple syrup on it and serve it on a beaver stuffed with poutine, cripes it would be epic!!!! Good job lads.

Poot

Fisheye Lens said...

I loved that song the first time I heard it back in 2005. Great cover by Graven! Thanks for making the vid.

Brian Miller said...

great song man...had not heard it before...go easy on the locals now...smiles.

Joybird said...

cool - didn't sound overbaked to me, but then I don't have the slightest idea what overbaked sounds like. I had to laugh when I read that because I write and edit my pictures on a little laptop and I just saw some of them on my dad's huge monitor and the colors, well...overbaked is probably a good description.

Cindy said...

Ah, entertaining, AND your post makes me feel like I am your friend, right there with all of you! I hadn't heard the song before, but totally enjoyed listening!

Rachel said...

I like when the harmonica is played must be the Ozark girl in me. Have a blessed Easter.

Laura said...

What great sound quality! I especially love the swaying trees in the video. Hubs is in a blues band and we enjoy the times when they play out. I'm thinking we may be just a wee bit older than you and your friends, but still, it's fun to see the music carried on.

Mommy Emily said...

LOVE BSS... and this is a great cover! your editing is definitely not over-baked... so cool, ollie... loved 'meeting' this side of you!

Human Paradox said...

Graven playing BSS. Not bad. Wash it down with some Steam Whistle. Thanks for capturing that Olie.